I. Executive Director Vacancy
VBNK is a Cambodian learning organisation supporting the capacity development of a wide range of civil society and public sector organisations so that they can contribute more effectively to the social development sector.
The role of the Executive Director is to provide high-level leadership and management oversight to implement the Strategic Plan 2021 – 2024 in all the focus areas of programming, and internal organisational strengthening. Specifically, the role involves: strategic management of the programme and organisation; ensuring financial sustainability; development of strategic partnerships; leading high-profile consultancies, contracts and other initiatives; and, working with the Board as required on all strategic and policy issues.
VBNK is now looking for a well-organised and committed candidate with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Leadership and management experience of an organisation with proven success achieving its mission and mandate through high quality delivery of services.
- Ability to think strategically in leading and positioning the organisation in response to changes in the external environment, specifically the Cambodian social development sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of state-of-the-art theory and practice of capacity development.
- Proven track record of success in representing an organization with partners, Royal Government of Cambodia agencies, donors, private sector organizations, and media.
- Familiarity with economic and social development issues in Cambodia and the region.
- Proven track record in fundraising from diverse institutions, both local and international.
- Good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an NGO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, Influence and negotiate in both Khmer and English.
- Advanced degree in the social sciences, education, organisational development or other relevant field.
- Previous leadership experience in a not-for-profit organisation an advantage.
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2021
Please download Job Description: VBNK Director job description final March 2021
VBNK is a registered Cambodian NGO, so this position is only open to Cambodian nationals. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their CV to VBNK in soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
7th Floor, #707 Preah Monivong Blvd (entrance street 95), Boeung Keng Kang III Phnom Penh
Tel: +855-23 223 721/223 731 www.vbnk.org