VBNK is seeking a Consultant to conduct a Mid-Term Review of the Strengthening Grassroots Democracy Project 2016 – 2018 to generate learning that can help to improve implementation, and therefore results, during the remaining period of the project.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities: Following the document review and consultation with the team, the consultant will conduct field visits in Banteay Meanchey, Battambang, Kampong Cham, Thboung Khmum, and Kampong Thom. The expectation is that the consultant will employ a wide range of tools and techniques for data collection and analysis, placing emphasis on ways to enhance the learning of the team, the NGO partners in the project, and key stakeholders.
Required skills and experience:
- A Master degree in social science or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced research experience in designing and conducting external, baseline and other evaluations using both quantitative and qualitative methods and non-traditional and innovative evaluation methods
- A working knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with various stakeholders and to express concisely and clearly ideas and concepts
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent language proficiency in English and Khmer (or collaboration with a Khmer/English translator identified by the Consultant)
Consultants are requested to submit 2-3 samples of similar previous work with their application, which show their writing style and experience with external evaluations.
Please download TOR below:
Interested candidates should submit a CV with a cover letter in hard copy to the VBNK office, or via email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
VBNK, 4th Floor, No. 398, Preah Monivong Blvd (VisionFund Building), Phnom Penh
Tel +855 (0)23 223721/223731 www.vbnk.org
Application closing date: 4th September 2017