I. Mid Term Review Consultant
VBNK is seeking to recruit a Consultant to conduct a Mid-Term Review of the Pilot ‘Empowering Accountability’ (EA) Project 2018 – 2021, to generate learning to inform the continued implementation and results of the project. The EA project has recently been assessed as part of the wider review of VBNK’s Strategic Plan (2017-2020), and a number of key findings and recommendations have already emerged from that; but the mid-term review seeks to probe some of the issues in a deeper way, especially in relation to the role of Community Representatives in the project, and NGO accountability to their target communities.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities: Following the document review and consultation/orientation workshop with the team, the consultant/s will conduct two field visits to the three target provinces of Kampong Thom, Kampong Cham and Tboung Khmum. The expectation is that the consultant/s will employ a wide range of tools and techniques for data collection and analysis, placing emphasis on ways to enhance the learning of the team, the NGO partners in the project, and the other key stakeholders. The review is expected to take a maximum of 26 days to conduct in its entirety.
Required skills and experience:
- A Masters’ degree in social science or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced research experience in designing and conducting external, baseline and other evaluations using both quantitative and qualitative methods and non-traditional and innovative evaluation methods
- An in-depth working knowledge of empowerment and social change; and the ability to analyse the membership of community groups (rather than just the leadership), and their participation and ownership of local development projects
- Experience in collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Previous experience of conducting analysis of empowerment and accountability processes
- A working knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment in the Cambodian context;
- A strong commitment to delivering timely and high-quality results, i.e. credible evaluation and a report that can be used
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with various stakeholders and to express concisely and clearly ideas and concepts
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent language proficiency in English and Khmer (or collaboration with a Khmer/English translator identified by the consultant)
Consultants are requested to submit 2-3 samples of similar previous work with their application which show their writing style and experience with external evaluations.
A full TOR is available on the VBNK website (www.vbnk.org). Interested candidates should submit a CV with a cover letter in hard copy to the VBNK office, or via email to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please download Job Description:Final EAP mid term review consultant ToR
VBNK, 7th floor, 707 Monivong Boulevard (entrance: Workzone Building, Street 95), Boeung Keng Kang 3, Phnom Penh
Tel +855 (0)23 223721/223731 www.vbnk.org
Application closing date: 10th September 2020
VBNK is a Cambodian learning organisation supporting the capacity development of a wide range of civil society, public and private sector organisations so that they can contribute more effectively to social development in Cambodia.